As a CCA Member, You Reap Benefits
CCA membership entitles you to myriad benefits, including financial services, travel discounts, insurance and more from the California Teachers Association and the National Education Association. Check them out below.
CCA Million Dollar Liability Insurance for Members
It is an unfortunate reality that faculty are constantly at risk of harassment charges, criminal charges, or civil lawsuits. No matter how unfounded, such a charge against a faculty member may cost thousands of dollars to defend, even if the claim is dismissed before it goes to trial. CCA/CTA/NEA members are all protected by a $1 million professional liability policy, which will also reimburse legal fees for the defense of criminal investigations and charges. The financial burden of liability protection is reason enough to become a CCA member.
CTA Scholarship for Members
CCA’s Power in the Capitol: Your Voice is Heard!!!
Thanks to CCA’s advocacy, political action and professional development program, we have:
- Obtained millions of additional dollars for community colleges from the legislature
- Stabilized community college funding through Proposition 98, which guarantees dollars to community colleges …in contrast to the CSU and UC which have to fight every year for their budgets
- Lobbied for and won monumental increases in STRS benefits
- Campaigned for and passed Proposition 30 which saved many community college faculty jobs
- Protected faculty rights during the Education Code review process
- Negotiated 6 of the top 10 highest earnable salaries of the 72 community college districts